As the Curator/Archivist of the Arden Craft Shop Museum, the successful candidate will serve an important role in this unique, arts-minded, community-based small museum. As the regular staff member, the Curator/Archivist will make a significant difference in preserving and gaining intellectual control over the existing collection The Curator/Archivist is the main manager of both the archival and object collections. He or she is the point of contact for questions about the collection and works closely with the committee to answer research questions, implement occasional education programs, and process collections. This includes the following duties:
- Help develop, design, and install exhibitions (1 major, 2-3 smaller yearly)
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Help maintain website/blog
- Act as main point of contact for researchers
- Monitor museum email account and responding on behalf of the ACSM
- Identify and coordinate collections-based projects with volunteer committee
- Create finding aids
- Manage PastPerfect collections database
- Monitor storage and exhibition environments
- Monitor pest control program
- Process incoming object and archival collections
- Maintain donation and loan files
Approximately 8 hours per week. On-site hours must include 7-9 pm on Wednesdays, remaining hours flexible. $20/hour. Independent contractor position.
Qualifications: MA in history, museum studies, or related discipline--or equivalent experience. Must have collections management skills; archival management experience strongly preferred.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter by Friday, March 3rd.